< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Wednesday, January 08, 2003

 

Amsterdam nice, but I'm glad I'm American
Amsterdam continues to be good. We are staying at de Poort, a YWAM center in Amsterdam, and are doing quick and dirty anthropological studies on a few of the neighborhoods nearby. Now, to be honest, I'm rather distrustful of anthropology as making too many assumptions and being too quick to generalize, but it should be ok, and I think I bring a good perspective to it.
Yesterday we walked around in the cold a lot and saw a lot of the city, but only 2 prostitutes. Today I went to the Amsterdam Historical Museum and the Anne Frank house, both of which I suggest highly, especially the latter. I did see something there that disturbed me greatly, but I will talk about it another time, because I need to catch the tram back to de Poort.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment