< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Thursday, February 06, 2003

 

Plagiarism? Big whoop.
I have a feeling that lefty-blogger-types, and other groups with a vested interest in Saddam's regime continuing (read: Axis of Weasles), will devour this like it was tofu (I am operating under the remarkably stereotypical assumption that these sorts of people enjoy tofu, though the French, I hear prefer cheese--as do I. But that's not the point.) Neither, of course is the point that large pieces of the dossier were plagiarized. Now, the plagiarism was stupid, yes. Remarkably so. I hope whoever was responsible for it gets a thorough caning, and possibly a canning. But these people need to realize something--academia is not the real world. As sad as that may sound to many academics (and I consider myself as a nascent one), it is true. Also true is the information in the dossier, which is, of course, the point. This doesn't discredit anything contained within one iota, and Colin Powell cited it with good reason.
Were this the classroom, this would be a big deal. But this is real life, and therefore it is not remarkably important.
UPDATE: I was right.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment