< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Friday, February 28, 2003

 

All quiet on the midwestern front
The deafening silence today is due to the fact that I've spent the better part of ittrying to get my blasted computer working again. If you want, you can read the whole sad story, and, if you know how, offer me a way out of this mess. On the up side, that has given me an opportunity to take Neal Pollack's generally good advice, profanity laced though it may be. Actually, I feel fairly insulated from his attacks. I've avoided going on about my own reasons why I think we need to go to war--there are others to do that for me. (As an aside on Pollack's piece, I think his attack on Sullivan is less well founded than his on others--blogging isn't about breathtaking prose (unless you're James Lileks, but he's not a blogger, "by any means") it's about lots of prose, quickly, and hopefully fairly well thought out. But, anyway, Pollack is generally right. Especially about the poets.
Never thought you'd hear me say that did you?
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment