< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Friday, March 21, 2003

 

Shock and Awe finally coming?
Fox and CNN are both reporting that massive strikes are underway (and they are no doubt salivating over it). These are supposedly coming from the B-52 bombers that left England a while ago... but is this just more shockless awe? They know about this in Baghdad, could this be another "freak them out to try to force capitulation without mass bombing" strategy? I hope so, but I don't think so. If the resistence given so far has been more than expected, then they may well decide that there needs to be some more fear put into the populace.

I would expect that most of the heavy bombing will take place around the perimeter defenses of Baghdad, but I don't know anything about this sort of thing. I can't imagine that a B-52 would dump all its munitions on a heavily populated city, but I've been wrong before. If I were in charge, which I am obviously not, and we were doing this whole Shock and Awe thing, I would drop massive munitions on the ring of defenses closest to the city, between the outer perimiter and the city itself, scaring soldiers on either side spitless. This is in addition to other strikes, smaller, within the city at specific targets. How, and if, this fits with the observation that no one seems to be giving the Iraqi forces direction, I don't know, but I expect whatever they do to play upon that. We'll see how things go.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment