< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Monday, March 03, 2003

 

A small burst of confidence
Every once in a while, I am hit with uncertainty about my support for military action in Iraq. A great many intelligent people are against it, most of the world seems to think it is a rather bad idea, and I am but a measly undergraduate. How can I be so confident in my asessment of world affairs? Is that the much heralded "American arrogance" shining through?
But every once in a while, I get a small burst of confidence. Just before writing this, I, measly undergraduate extraordinaire, held my own in a lengthy conversation with a very intelligent and knowledgable professor who is decidedly against the war and decidedly frustrated by Bush's handling of the whole mess. That gave me confidence. And then I see that the war is also opposed by the likes of David Duke and Swedish nazis, in addition to all the usual nutjobs, I feel a whole lot better about the entire ordeal.
But the fact is that, one way or another, a lot of people are going to have egg all over their face in the next year--and years to come.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment