< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Thursday, May 08, 2003

 

Speaking of Lileks and newspaper columns...
He's managed to make me feel a good deal better about myself. From today's overshort Bleat (permalink not working):
The column I ended up writing was, in essence, one of those dreaded GOSH, I’VE NOTHING ON MY MIND TODAY columns where you try to weasel out of the jam by admitting you’ve nothing on your mind. As if that’s a novel approach. As if that saves your bacon. This is the week of lameness. This is the lameness that surpasses all understanding.
Whew! My own column very nearly turned into that this week. It was brutal. I managed to escape that fate by writing blog-style "rapid-fire analysis." That's Tim-speak for "not going into anything so in depth that I'd actually have to think about it." The truly scary thing about it is that the exact same thing happened to me this time last year, when I did indeed write a "GOSH, I’VE NOTHING ON MY MIND TODAY" columns. Perhaps there's some sort of anti-column chemical that they put yearly into Minnesota water.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment