< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Friday, November 07, 2003

 

10,000 Watch
Though the press hasn't given this very much attention, the fact is that the Dow is closing in on 10,000, and will likely reach that number by the end of the year. This is an important psychological barrier for the economy to breech, and it's a barrier that even laymen like myself can recognize. So, a market above 10,000 is a very good thing--unless you're a Democratic candidate for president, in which case you will ignore it and focus on unemployment, until that also catches up with the rest of the economy, in which case you will... well, I'm not rightly sure what you will do.

At any rate, I'm a little surprised that I can't find any blogs with a "Dow 10,000 pool" to predict that magical day. So, despite my own miniscule readership, I'll do it, beginning with my own.

My prediction is Friday, November 28. I reached this number by calculating that, if the Dow continues growing at the rate that it has since the beginning of July--about when it started on it's current rate, according to this layman's eyeballing of this chart--it will reach 10,000 on Tuesday, December 2. Knocking off a couple days to compensate for the good economic news so far, I reach the date of the 28th.

Now, make your own wild prediction! Trust me, it's fun. A clarification, though--it can't just reach 10,000, but has to be at 10,000 at the close of a day of trading. Good luck, all.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment