< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Friday, January 23, 2004

 

More Dean
Dean's just too entertaining not to pay attention to. I seriously hope he doesn't fizzle out as quickly as it looks like he may--in part because a horserace primary is better for Republicans, and in part because... well, this guy's funny!

He's not generally intentionally funny, but yesterday was an exception. I don't typically watch David Letterman, but I managed to catch the top ten list: The Top Ten Ways I, Howard Dean Can Turn Things Around. The best one: "No. 1: Oh, I don't know -- maybe fewer crazy, redfaced rants." So true. I gained a modicum of respect for him there.

Unfortunately, I lost most of it this morning after reading this article on the taping. It was apparently a less organic experience than one would hope, which isn't to surprising. What was a bit more surprising was that he apparently really doesn't have a sense of humor:
No. 3: I can't give specifics yet, but it involves Ted Danson."

Here, Dean paused, confused. An aide realized the problem: "The guv doesn't understand the Danson one." Dean, who doesn't have cable TV at home, was reminded that Danson was the actor on Cheers. Ah, yes. But he still didn't seem sure what the joke was.
Unfortunately, I think that the joke is his rapidly failing candidacy.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment