< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

 

What am I up to, you ask?
Where have I been on this whole "New Hamshire Primary" thing, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. For one, I've been depressed that Kerry appears to be running away with this thing. I want entertainment, dangit! And I don't just mean the "Dean says ridiculous things" sort of entertainment, because Kerry has proved that he can be just as unintentionally hilarious. I want a horse race to the end! I want a brokered convention! Ah, well. My only hope is that the South will rise again, and we'll get a good showing from the southerners, turning this into an ugly north-south battle. That would be sweet.

But mainly, I've been busy. With what? A paper on the PATRIOT Act, which I may link to, and, more importantly, working on getting my first book published--which I will certainly link to. I just sent my first work off to the awe-inspiring publishing house of iUniverse.com, along with a somewhat substantial sum of money. Technically, that's not how publishing is supposed to work. But, really, it's a lot less depressing than a whole slew of rejection letters, and it makes it more likely that people will actually read the stuff I write. So I'm tentatively in favor of this whole "self-publishing" thing. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tommorow morning it's off to Ohio for a while, and then back here for my final semester of undergrad work. And then it's on to Washington and Oregon and Texas and--oh, sorry, that joke's dead now. I forgot.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment