< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Monday, March 01, 2004

 

Bright Orange Sweater-Coat Month!
This is my book. You ought to buy it. Welcome to Bright Orange Sweater-Coat Month at The Flag of the World. This is the month that I spend attempting to convince you, the blog reader, to also become the book reader. Will I succeed? Who knows! It's nonstop suspense here at FOTW.

Currently, the book is only on sale from the publisher, or from myself in person (I'll even sign it), but soon it will be available from all major online booksellers.

But what's in this book that I'm hawking like some sort of snake oil cure-all? Well, you'll find out as I post excerpts throughout Bright Orange Sweater-Coat Month, but I'll let you know before then, even. It's a compilation of the best of my (non-blog) writings over the past four years. It's pretty evenly split between fiction and nonfiction, plus a novella. The shorter pieces are, for the most part, Christian oriented, but not all of them. They range from the purely entertaining to the thought-provoking, but most of them find a nice middle ground. The novella The Women of Andrôs is a surrealistic, highly symbolic work that is most easily compared to C. S. Lewis' The Pilgrim's Regress, and contains many of the same virtues and flaws as that work.

The collection itself is not one that is, in its entirety, going to appeal to everyone. But I'm positive that there is at least one piece in it that everyone can latch on to and enjoy. But, as they say, "don't take my word for it!"
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment