< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Thursday, March 18, 2004

 

On the road again
Well, it's spring break, so I'm off to the beautiful Northwest to see my family and my lady fair. That means I'll be spending today and the next day driving through flyover country. It should be a good trip, as long as the weather cooperates. This is the first time I've made this Spring trek in a car, rather than a Greyhound bus. Two years ago the bus got stuck in a snowstorm on the way back from Washington, and I was delayed just enough to go directly from the bus station to a biology lab, still wearing the same clothes I had put on two days earlier in the Pacific Time Zone. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to leaving this March-bound Minnesota behind and embracing the beauty that is Washington State. Lileks is right. In March, "looking at this place feels like you’re licking a brick." Well, no more brick-licking for me. No sir. I am homeward bound, and happy to be there.

Posting may lag, or may increase, it's hard to say. I will say this, though: it's good to be going home.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment