< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Thursday, April 22, 2004

 

Meeting Rich Lowry
Tonight I went to a debate between Rich Lowry, editor of National Review and NRO Corner contributer and David Corn, editor of The Nation. It was a great debate. It's doubtful that anyone had their mind changed, but it was just a good, solid and fun debate.

Even better, though, was that The Big Trunk from Powerline set up a little shin-dig afterwards at a local brewery, where about 20 of us Corner-readers got together and talked up Rich. As The Big Trunk notes in his post on the evening, "Rich stayed until midnight, answering every question and indulging every whim. Suffice it to say that he is a fine person in addition to the other outstanding attributes we can deduce he possesses from his journalism."

Rich Lowry signed my pizza box!I think the whim he's referring to is when I asked Rich to sign my Styrofoam pizza box. That pizza box is, unfortunately, the only visual reminder I have of the get-together, as I am a terrible blogger and forgot to bring my digital camera.

I'm now considering starting a collection of greasy objects signed by conservative commenators. Perhaps a Krispy Kreme box signed by George Will, or a Big Mac wrapper signed by Dinesh D'Souza?

Perhaps not.

UPDATE: Rich now has his report on the event up at The Corner. And yes, the Tim he mentions is yours truly. The theories on empire he mentions are not strictly mine, but those of Clark S. Drudge , which I originally found at the Brothers Judd.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment