< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Monday, June 21, 2004

 

Marvelous commentary from my favorite economist
Partially in response to my proddng, my friend and former roommate Steve McMullen has hijacked the blog hs shares with his fiancee to reflect upon the absurdity of the NYT editorial board and all its fellow travelers. Here's an excerpt:
It seems that Kerry and his support staff (also known as the NYT editorial board) are trying to win this election by rehashing the debate over going to war in Iraq. This confuses me greatly, since support for the war has been so high, they seem to be valiently fighting an uphill battle on this one. This greatly appeals to their anti-Bush, anti-war base, and maybe it will work, but somehow I doubt it. I am still waiting to hear what Kerry is going to do for America that is offensive, not defensive. Stated differently, I have yet to hear much of anything out of him other than: Bush did this, Bush is bad, I will undo what he did. Or even more common: Bush did this, Bush is bad, I won't change a thing, but vote for me because I disagree.
If you go there and read it, perhaps it will convince Steve, a brilliant economist heading into the University of North Carolina doctoral program, to post more things of this nature, as well as things focusing on his area of expertise.
Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

You are very kind Tim, to give me my first content link, and first quote. Now I am important right?

I am busy trying to shape the blog in an image I prefer, but it may result in a split soon, in the blog, not my relationship with Laura, of course.
 
Thanks for clarifying Steve. :) -"the fiance"
 
erggg.... "fiancee"
stupid french.
 
Post a Comment