< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.timothygoddard.com/blog" /> The Flag of the World

The Flag of the World

-G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

This here blog is a glimpse or two or three at the condition of the 'fortress of our family' through the eyes Timothy Goddard, a Christian writer with an unhealthy interest in politics living in the Puget Sound area.

Links open new windows
Support Iranian Students Iraqi Democracy graphic
 

Buy my book!

Go to the new and improved Flag of the World!

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

 
Primary Day!
Today is primary day here in Washington, and the big question is, will Dino Rossi face the liberal Democrat who admits he's a liberal Democrat, or the liberal Democrat posing as a moderate? I'm hoping for the former.

Today's an interesting day in Washington politics, as it marks the first time we've had a remotely normal primary since 1935. Our outlandish "blanket primary," in which anyone can vote for anyone, regardless of party, was struck down last year. Now, we have a slightly more regular primary. Anyone can still vote for anyone--but only the anyones in one specific party. For an entertaining study in contrasts, read this commentary on the new Washington primary by Washingtonian Matt Rosenberg, and then read this commentary on the virtually identical Minnesota primary by St. Paul of Fraters Libertas.

I'm in favor of the new primary. I'm a Republican, and I don't want Democrats having a say in the choosing of my nominees. I'm not too thrilled about letting independents have a say either, though it's certainly not a deal-breaker. This puts me in the minority here, but I'm used to that.

Agree, disagree, have more information on the topic? Please, feel free to leave a comment. No profanity!
Comments:

Post a Comment